How to Get Featured
Flowers Galore Magazine is delighted to feature Flower Shop Owners, Floral Designers & Freelance Artists, Flower Partners, Vendors, Floral Design Teachers, Authors and more; floral enthusiasts who are making a difference in business and in life. We have several ways for you to Get Featured.
Interviews take place online and are self-directed. To get to your story, we give you a list of questions we consider most important to our audience. Feel free to choose additional questions from the list below those.
And to make it more personal, feel free to also include questions of your own!
Submit your interview with the following questions and at least one image of you.
The best images are those that are action shots such as you designing, setting up an event, working in your shop (if relevant) – the photo should portray you in your role and
support the interview questions you respond to.
Please answer the following:
- When did you first discover you loved flowers?
- How did you and when did you get started in the floral industry?
- What is your background? What formal/design education do you have?
- Tell us about one of your most memorable design creations (or events) and why it was memorable.
- What is your idea of the perfect flower arrangement?
- What has been the highlight of your career to date?
- What is the most challenging part of your work?
- What do you love most about flowers/floral design?
- Where do you look for inspiration?
Here are additional questions which you may answer (choose any that apply)
- If you are involved in the planning, ordering and implementation of your work, tell us how you prioritize and what ‘secret’ weapon you use to accomplish your goals?
- What’s one thing you would like people reading this interview to know about you?
- What is the most challenging part of selecting flora and foliage for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop new creations?
- Do you have a favorite flower, and if so which one and why?
- What do flowers mean to you?
- As a floral designer, what has been your greatest achievement?
- What is the largest or most memorable event you have ever prepared floral decor for?
- If you had the opportunity, what would you change about your work, a job or ???
- What is the one thing that you look at particularly before you design a floral arrangement?
- What is the biggest challenge facing the floral industry?
- How do you stay inspired (for those who have been florists for 10+ years)?
- How would you describe your style?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Who do you admire and why?
- Which flower will always be in fashion, no matter how much time passes?
- For those considering a career in floral/event design, what advice would you offer?
- What marketing strategies do you suggest to attract the ideal client, whether it be a bride, a corporate client, or an individual customer?
- What are your future plans?
- Do you have a favorite floral book and if so what is it?
- Are there any exciting projects or shows you are looking forward to?
- With all the changes the world has experienced over the past year+ especially with events, how have you been able to stay relevant/busy?
- Where do you see the floral industry changing in the next 2-5 years?
- What do you do when you are not designing fabulous bouquets and events?
- If you could write a book on any topic, what would your book be about and why?
- How do you normally begin your day?
- Tell us one thing few people know about you?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- What’s one thing you would tell your younger self?
- What is your favorite tool for working with flowers?
- What flower best represents your personality? Why?
- What’s on your to-do list?
- What’s the last book you read (and loved)?
- If you were hosting a dinner party and could invite 3 people (past, present or fictional) who would they be? Describe the decor.
- What one trend do you love and what trend can you live without?
- What’s your Secret indulgence?
For Business Owners:
- Tell us about your business?
- What sets you apart from other shops in your community?What type of floral services do you offer?
- What do you want your customers to know about flowers/the floral industry/your business?
- What has been the biggest challenge in your business?
- Greatest reward?
- As a business owner how do you manage work and family – especially during peak periods such as holidays and special events?
- Since starting your business, what have you learned about yourself?
- Where are you located?
- What’s next for you? Your business?
- What does the flower shop of the future look like?
Articles and stories should be between 350 and 2500 words and include supporting photos. Please also share the source of photos whether personally owned or taken by a professional photographer.
Tell us about any floral events you have coming up, are participating in or hosting. Please include a description, location/venue (in person or online) cost – if any and how our readers can participate. You may also submit content about events in which you have participated with highlights. This can include floral conferences, expos, trade shows and more with links to website/social media channels. Word count should be between 250 and 1000 words. Please also include up to 10 images via dropbox or google docs.
Floral Design Courses
Submit your floral design courses for possible inclusion. Please include the following:
An overview of the course
Who the course is for
Benefits of the course
Venue (online/in person)
Price of the course (including free)
Additional information including curriculum, length of course, instructors, outcome (such as certification) etc.
Link to more information:
How our readers can register
Links to social media channels
Logo or course branding/imaging
1 to 5 images
- Tell us about you and your experience in the floral industry.
- Tell us about your book?
- What inspired you to write it?
- How long did it take to complete, and can you tell us a bit about the process of taking a project from the idea phase through to the final completed manuscript?
- What was the most difficult part about writing the book? The most rewarding?
- What was the biggest challenge in writing your book?
- What is your favorite book in the same genre as your work?
- What do you know now that you wish you’d known at the beginning of your writing journey?
- What do you do when you are not writing?
- What’s next for you?
- What do you hope comes from the book’s venture out into the world?
- Feel free to submit a brief excerpt of your book
- What are you currently working on, dreaming of, and excited about in your life and work?
- Where can our readers get a copy?
Please include a brief bio and photo of you and your book cover.
If you would like to be featured or know someone who we should showcase, let us know!
Feel free to forward Flowers Galore magazine to your friends and colleagues.
Follow us on Social Media: